Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Success!

I have had a busy busy schedule at work that has tied up weekends and nights with meetings, so I haven't been able to update much. However, I just looked at my first set of water samples and we have success!!! Well, success if you consider finding tons of E.coli. I will post my protocol that I'm using a little later this week because I believe I would like to tweak the areas that I collect sampling.

One factor to consider while examining these colonies is that it had been raining for about a week. Rain leads to flushing of surrounding areas and typically creates an elevated count for bacterium.

but check out these....

I took four samples on 10/12/2014 at 3:30 pm. 2 are E.coli using Coliscan and 2 are just bacteria growth using Total Count

Total Count of bacteria from the New River

Total Count of bacteria coliforms from a tributary of the New River

Purpe E.coli colonies from the Jackson Ferry area of the New River
Check out ALL of those E.coli colonies!!!


1 comment: